Purpose and Authority
Our mission is to earn and preserve the trust of Arkansans by promoting Accountability, Integrity and Efficiency in the operation of the executive branch of Arkansas government. While fulfilling Governor's Executive Order 04-04, we are committed to supporting executive agency management in the discharge of their responsibilities through independent analysis and appraisal of executive branch functions and activities.
Therefore, our objective is to assist management of the executive branch of Arkansas government by providing objective analysis, appraisals and recommendations concerning the activities reviewed. All work performed by our office is conducted in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards. Our services include:
- Compliance Audits - The review of both financial and operating controls and transactions to determine the level of conformity with established laws, standards, regulations, and procedures. Included in compliance audits performed by the Internal Audit Section are compliance audits of Executive Order 98-04 and Act 34 of 1999.
- Operational Audits - The review of the varied functions within an enterprise to appraise the efficiency and economy of operations and the effectiveness with which those functions achieve the stated objectives. Operational audits include a review of established internal control activities.
- Investigating reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, abuse or mismanagement of state resources and recommending controls to prevent or detect such occurrences.
- Agency requested engagement focus on assisting management in resolving areas of concern.
- The results of all engagements is the establishment of appropriate Internal Controls that will help prevent errors or irregularities.
|Internal Audit||1515 Building|
1515 W 7th, Ste 215
Little Rock, AR 72201
|IA Mailing Address||PO Box 3278|
Little Rock, AR 72203
| || |