Job Loss 

Contact your child support agency.
If you have been laid off, you may not be able to meet your child support obligations. If you have lost your job and you have an open enforcement case, contact your local child support office.

Your court order continues after a job loss.
Your child support obligation does not automatically stop when your source of income ends. You are still responsible to pay your court-ordered amount of child support. If you have an open enforcement case, you may request a review if it's been six months or more since you lost your job. You may be able to request a reduction in your child support obligation. It takes a new court order to change the existing order.

Unemployment benefits
If you are eligible for unemployment insurance benefits, the DWS (Department of Workforce Services) may withhold your child support obligation from your benefits. In order for DWS to withhold child support, either a court order must direct DWS to withhold from unemployment benefits or you must agree that DWS can withhold court-ordered child support from unemployment benefits.

If the court order does not direct DWS to withhold child support, you can contact your local child support office and ask to sign an agreement for child support to be withheld from unemployment benefits.

The amount that is withheld cannot exceed CCPA (Consumer Credit Protection Act) limits.