Accident Reporting - SR 1-21
A Safety Responsibility SR-1 accident report must be submitted within thirty (30) days when damage to the property of any one person is in excess of $1,000.00 or results in the injury or death of any person regardless of who is at fault. Contact Safety Responsibility at 501-682-7098 for more information.
Financial Responsibility After An Accident Requirements
- An SR-21 proof of liability insurance in force form filled out by your insurance company.
- A deposit of security as tabulated by this office.
- A written release of liability signed by the other party in the accident.
- A final civil adjudication of non-liability from a court of competent jurisdiction. Trial in traffic court over a traffic citation is not an adjudication of non-liability.
- A covenant not to sue signed by the other party which must be notarized.
- A written statement which has been accepted by the appropriate parties to the payment of damages in installments.
- A written statement by the adverse party or his liability insurance carrier that they have reimbursed you for your property damage.
- A written request to this department for a hearing to determine if there is a reasonable possibility that a judgment may be rendered against you as a result of the accident. If the hearing indicates a judgment does not seem reasonable, then the department will not require the security deposit.
- A copy of a bankruptcy petition with a list of creditors naming all parties.
Financial Responsibility Although A Ticket Is Not Issued To You
Although a ticket may or may not be issued to you at scene of an accident, the possibility of a judgment being entered against you can still exist requiring that you show financial responsibility.