AASIS Help Desk Request Form
The AASIS Service Center (ASC) provides ongoing support to users of the Arkansas Administrative Statewide Information System (AASIS).
The AASIS Help Desk, an important component of the AASIS Service Center, provides a centralized location for AASIS users seeking support and assistance and is the only intake point for all support calls from users of AASIS and the EASE Arkansas Portal. We support all automated interfaces between AASIS and other user agency and reporting agency administrative systems, including inbound and outbound interfaces and troubleshooting for interface development.
For improved customer services, AASIS users making direct contact with the AASIS Functional or Technical teams are referred to the AASIS Help Desk.
It’s as simple as this: if you need assistance with an AASIS-related problem or question, call 501-683-2255 or complete the AASIS Help Desk Request Form. Most of the requests for assistance received by the AASIS Help Desk are resolved at the Help Desk. All others are promptly assigned to a subject matter expert knowledgeable in the specific AASIS functional area of concern to you.
In order to coordinate our customer support activities more efficiently, AASIS employees who receive technical assistance requests that have yet to be registered through the Help Desk must first refer those requests to the Help Desk. At that time, you will receive the help ticket number requested by the subject matter expert assigned to assist you.
Password resets are the most common requests made by callers to the AASIS Help Desk. Prior to phoning the Help Desk with a password reset request (written requests cannot be accepted), be prepared to provide your Logon ID and personnel number. This information can be obtained from your agency’s payroll or personnel office.
For security reasons, your AASIS Logon ID cannot be issued by the Help Desk.
Additionally, you will be asked to confirm it before your password can be reset by AASIS Help Desk personnel. You may also be asked to provide additional information to confirm your identity.
After you provide the necessary information, you will be given a temporary password that will allow you to log in to AASIS, after which you will immediately be prompted to change the password to one known only by you.
The new password you choose will be case-sensitive and must comply with the following rules:
- Passwords must be between 8-40 characters long.
- Passwords may contain any combination of the following: Capitol letters, lower-case letters, numbers, or special characters such as @, $, or space. Exception: The first character may not be a question mark (?), exclamation point (!), or space.
- Passwords may not contain dates in any format. Days of the week, months of the year and year dates.
- Passwords may not contain 3 characters in a row that are consecutive or sequential, such as ABC, aaa, 123, or 111.
- Your new password must not be one of the last five (5) passwords used in AASIS.
- Many common, easily guessed words are not allowed, such as ‘pass’, ‘AASIS’, city names, sports team names or mascots, etc…
When logging into ESS, if your browser offers to save your AASIS password, decline the opportunity. Doing so allows anyone using the computer access to your AASIS information which is against security policy. No one besides you is allowed to log into AASIS using your User ID and password.
New AASIS users must contact the Help Desk by phone for an initial password. No one may contact the Help Desk on behalf of another user. If it is suspected that any user is attempting to obtain the password of another, both are locked out of AASIS and reported to AASIS Security for investigation of the security breach.
Additional information about these password-related topics is available on the ASC Security page.
AASIS Help Desk Operations
Level one duties handled by the AASIS Help Desk include
- Accepting all calls from AASIS users
- Logging each call into the Help Desk database
- Assigning a priority level to each call
- Resolving the problem at the Help Desk when possible
- Assigning the problem to the correct level two resources when the problem cannot be resolved at the Help Desk.
Level two support is provided by specialized teams with particular expertise in human resources, financial management, materials management, and technical support.
The AASIS Service Center monitors all outstanding problem logs to help ensure timely problem resolutions. Hours of operation for the AASIS Help Desk are from 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Click this link: Using AASIS Help for a tutorial that explains the Help feature available to you while processing a transaction in AASIS.
Please note the following technical considerations:
- You must be on the State network in order to access this HELP tutorial
- You will need Adobe Flash Player v8 or higher.
- If you experience technical difficulties accessing the tutorial, you may need to contact your local tech support staff to set the Flash Player Global Security Settings.