Until now, AASIS users have been able to attend more advanced AASIS courses without first completing successfully the introductory course AASIS Overview and Basic Navigation I (AOBNI). Because AOBNI teaches fundamental skills that all AASIS users must master before they can fully benefit from more advanced training, the absence of prerequisite status for AOBNI has sometimes resulted in students coming to class without those basic skills. Therefore, successful completion of AOBNI is now a prerequisite for all other AASIS courses or certification activities.
Fortunately, you have training options that make it easier to complete this prerequisite. Perhaps the easiest option is to earn your AOBNI certification on-line by taking these steps:
1. Log into Employee Self-Service.
2. Near the top of the page, select the Learning tab.
3. From the Course Catalog section on the left side of the screen, select Arkansas State Employee Training Program.
4. Under the Assigned Subject Areas section, select AASIS Training.
5. Under the Assigned Subject Areas section, select AASIS New Users.
6. Scroll down the right side of the page until you locate the Assigned Subject Areas section.
7. Select AASIS Overview and Basic Navigation I.
8. Scroll down the right side of the page until you locate the Assigned Courses section.
9. Select 01 AASIS Overview and Basic Navigation I to access the Web-based course.
10. Upon completion of the course, select 01 Overview I Certification Activity immediately below the link mentioned in step #9, above, in order to certify your success.
Alternatively, you can register for instructor-led classroom training scheduled for March 6, March 13, March 14, and March 29.
Things you should know
· The course and the certification process provide more complete instructions as needed.
· You can review the course itself as many times as you wish, but you have only three opportunities to complete the certification successfully.
· More on-line course offerings are in the works, so please watch for future announcements.