Apply for Services

What Services are Available?
OCSE provides two types of services:

  • Enforcement services - Customers must apply for these services or be referred by the Department of Human Services. OCSE will locate the noncustodial parent in order to provide services; establish paternity, if needed; establish a court order for child and medical support; and then work to collect the support owed to you. Fees may apply. 
  • Payment Processing services - In these cases, payments are received, recorded, and disbursed through the Arkansas Child Support Clearinghouse (Clearinghouse) and no other services are provided. OCSE does not have the authority to establish or enforce child support. The custodial party, noncustodial parent, or either party's representative must provide the Clearinghouse with a copy of a file-marked copy of a current court order to establish this type of case; OCSE does not automatically receive court orders for private child support cases. These cases also include those that were an enforcement case at one point and the custodial parent no longer wanted enforcement services from OCSE.

Click here to see a more detailed comparison of the two services available.

Who Can Apply for Enforcement Services?
You may apply for services if...

  • You are the parent, legal guardian, or caretaker of a child under 18 years of age who lives with you, or
  • Unpaid child support is owed to you, the child is over the age of 18, and the amount to be recovered is based on a court order. If the child is over the age of 23 and there is not a judgment entered setting out the total amount of unpaid support owed, enforcement may be limited based on the circumstances of the case. 

Custodial parties who need assistance to establish paternity or establish or enforce medical or child support, may apply for enforcement services. Certain fees will be assessed in these cases. See Costs and Fees for more information on fees.

Custodial parties who receive Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP), Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) or receive Medicaid, including Arkansas Works, for themselves and whose child receives ARKids 1st are automatically referred to OCSE to receive child support enforcement services. Child support, up to the amount of the TEA grant, is assigned to the State. Cooperation with OCSE is required; no fees are charged.

Custodial parties whose child receives ARKids 1st may apply for enforcement services and no fees are charged.

How to Get an Application for Services
There are three ways to get an application:

  • Apply online.
  • Print an application and submit by mail or hand-deliver to a local office. Go to Forms and Publications and click Request for Services. 
  • Visit a local office and ask for an application.
  • Request an application by phone from a local office or by calling 501-682-8398. 

What Happens After I Apply
Once we receive your application and the $25 application fee, if applicable, it will be referred to the appropriate local office where it will be reviewed. Once the case is opened, you will receive confirmation and may be contacted if we need additional documentation or information. You can expect us to contact you within 30 days from the time you submit your completed application.