Change an Order

                  Note: You must have an open enforcement case with us if you want our help
                  changing your order.  Or you may seek the services of a private attorney.

We do not have the authority to address visitation or custody issues.

In Arkansas, all changes to child support orders must be signed by a judge. OCSE provides services that include changing an order if it’s appropriate. To avoid unnecessary legal fees, OCSE does what we call a review before beginning the legal process. Since the OCSE attorney does not represent the custodial party or the noncustodial parent, some people choose to hire an attorney. 

When you ask to change an order, the amount of current support may go up, go down, or stay the same. Every time an order is changed, medical insurance for the children will be included.

Who Can Request a Review 
You have a right to a review of your order once every 36 months or you may ask for a review before 36 months if there has been a change in the noncustodial parent’s gross income in an amount equal to or more than 20% or more than $100 per month. 

Unless major changes have occurred, OCSE will not review child support orders until it has been 36 months since the order was signed, changed, or last reviewed.


Last or only child emancipating - When the last or only child on an order emancipates, the noncustodial parent’s obligation to pay child support automatically ends. You won’t need to request a review when this happens. Contact your local child support office for more information. 

More than one child on an order - When one child emancipates, child support is automatically adjusted to the proper amount for the remaining children based on the current Family Support Charts. This is called an automatic adjustment. Neither the custodial party nor the noncustodial parent has to take any action for this to happen. An automatic adjustment does not consider the current income of the noncustodial parent; it’s based on what he or she was making at the time of the most recent court order. For that reason, we encourage you to consider requesting a review. Contact your local child support office for more information.

Orders Issued by Another State
If your child support order was issued in another state, the laws of that state will determine when an order can be changed. Contact your local OCSE office or the child support agency in that state to determine if your order can be changed.

To see if you qualify for a review, go to Qualifying for a Review.

To use our online estimator to see what your child support payments may be, go to Child Support Estimator.