Past Due Child Support

Noncustodial parents are required to pay their court-ordered child support on time and in full.

Noncustodial parents
If you cannot meet the full obligation or cannot make the court-ordered payments, contact your local child support agency as soon as possible; you may be able to minimize adverse actions. Unpaid child support will still be owed.

Neither the Arkansas Office of Child Support Enforcement nor the custodial party has any authority to forgive unpaid child support. Once a court orders child support, any unpaid amount continues to accrue and will be owed until the amount is paid or until a new court order states otherwise. Unpaid child support payments don’t go away when the child turns 18. 

Custodial parties
If you have past-due child support owed to you and the only or last child on the court order is about to turn 18, contact your local child support office to ask about getting a judgment on the arrears