Driver’s License and Identification Card Samples
New Arkansas Driver's License and Identification (ID) Card formats are being issued at all 134 local revenue offices. This change began in June 2011 through a controlled statewide implementation. The software, equipment, supplies, and maintenance for the new cards and formats are all being furnished by the 3M Corporation. The 3M Corporation is a worldwide leader in furnishing and producing secure documents and photo identification.
The new card formats provide a number of redesigned security features to make altering, tampering or counterfeiting extremely difficult. The use of variable background colors and patterns in the new format is just one of the many and noticeable changes to help make the documents more secure.
The new cards will be issued through the regular renewal process or whenever a duplicate card is issued. All cards will be in the new format by the end of the 4-year renewal cycle.
Class D Driver's License Over 21
Class D Veteran's Driver's License
Class D Driver's License Under 21
Class D Intermediate Driver's License
Class D Learner's Driver's License
Commercial Driver's License
Holders of an Intermediate Driver’s License issued on or after July 31, 2009 are:
- Prohibited from operating a motor vehicle with more than one unrelated minor passenger unless accompanied by a licensed driver 21 years of age or older.
- Prohibited from operating a motor vehicle between the hours of 11:00 PM and 4:00 AM unless the licensee is: accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older; driving to or from a school activity, church-related activity, or job; or driving because of an emergency
Any combination of vehicles with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds. No Class A license shall be issued to any person under the age of 18 years.
Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more and any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds. No Class B license shall be issued to any person under the age of 18 years.
Any single vehicle with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds or any such vehicle towing a vehicle with a GVWR not in excess of 10,000 pounds comprising:
- Vehicles designed to transport 16 passengers or more including the driver, and
- Vehicles used in the transportation of hazardous materials which require the vehicle to be placarded under 49 CFR , part 192, sub part F (Federal Regulations). No Class C license shall be issued to any person under the age of 18 years.
Non-Driver Identification Cards
|ID Over 21|
|Issued to Arkansas residents 21 years of age or older who do not possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License. This document is issued for identification purposes ONLY.|
|Issued to Arkansas residents who request the veteran’s designation and submit a United States Department of Defense discharge document otherwise known as a DD Form 214 that shows a discharge status of “honorable” or “general under honorable conditions.”|
|ID Under 18/21|
Issued to Arkansas residents 5 to 20 years of age who do not possess a valid Arkansas Driver’s License. This document is issued for identification purposes ONLY.
- Driver Services
- CDL Alcohol & Drug Testing Database
- Commercial Drivers License Help Desk
- Commercial Drivers Medical Certification
- DL Testing
- Driver Control
- Driver Records
- Driver Services Forms
- Insurance Verification
- Driver's License and Identification Card Samples
- Safety Responsibility
- SR 1-21
- Top Ten Violations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Arkansas Voluntary Enhanced Security DL or ID