ARBenefitsWell Program Guidelines
The ARBenefitsWell program is a wellness program that allows for a monthly discount in premium for active Arkansas state employees (ASE) and public school employees (PSE) when certain wellness criteria are met during the 2018 plan year. The discount will begin on January 1, 2019. This program was created in an effort to reduce ever-increasing claims costs and encourage participants of the ARBenefits Plan to actively engage in their own health and well-being. The amount of any discount will be decided later this year when rates for the 2019 plan year are set. Retirees are not eligible for the ARBenefitsWell program.
Program Details: The ARBenefitsWell program has two requirements that BOTH active employees and any covered spouse on the ARBenefits plan must meet in order to qualify.
- Employees and covered spouses BOTH must complete a biometric screening through a Catapult Health worksite checkup, or through their own physician.
- Employees and covered spouses BOTH must complete a health assessment.
ARBenefits has partnered with Catapult Health to provide worksite health checkups at state agencies and school districts. There is no charge to the employee or covered spouse to participate in a checkup with Catapult Health.
Members can also have their own physician conduct their biometric screening. Participants will need to have their physician complete the Primary Care Provider available at www.ARBenefits.org.
Biometric Screenings must include:
- Blood work to collect cholesterol and blood glucose levels
- Height and weight measurement to derive Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood pressure measurement
- Nicotine screening
Members who test positive for nicotine can still qualify for 2019 if they enroll in the GuidanceResources® Tobacco Cessation Program by Oct. 31, 2018. Members can contact GuidanceResources® at 1-877-247-4621 to enroll.
Employees and covered spouses have two ways to complete the health assessment.
- Members who participate in a worksite checkup through Catapult Health will complete their health assessment during their checkup.
- Members who use their own physician to conduct their screening can complete an online health assessment by logging into their account at www.ARBenefits.org. Once a member logs into their ARBenefits account, they can scroll down to the ARBenefits box in the Home tab and click the GuidanceResources link. The link will take the member directly into their GuidanceResources account where they can complete the assessment.
Active employees and covered spouses have until October 31, 2018 to complete all requirements.
New Hires: New state or public school employees hired July 1, 2018, or after, will automatically receive any premium discount for the entire 2019 plan year.
An employee who transfers to another agency or school district and has a break in service will be considered a new hire. An employee who transfers to another agency or school district, but does not have a break in service will be required to meet the criteria to be eligible for any discount.
New hires or enrollees after July 1, 2018 are encouraged to participate in a Catapult Health worksite checkup, or a screening through their physician. New hires and enrollees after 7/1/18 can also complete the online health assessment through the ARBenefits Member Portal.
Failure to Meet the Deadline: If an active employee and/or covered spouse fails to complete all requirements before the deadline of October 31, 2018, that employee will be ineligible to receive a monthly discount for any part of the 2019 plan year.