Purpose and Authority
Our mission is to earn and preserve the trust of Arkansas by promoting Accountability, Integrity, and Efficiency in the operation of the executive branch of Arkansas government. While fulfilling Governor’s Executive Order 04-04, we are committed to supporting agency management in the discharge of their responsibilities through independent analysis and appraisal of functions and activities.
Therefore, our objective is to assist agency management by providing objective analysis, appraisals, and recommendations concerning the activities reviewed, the results of which are to ensure that internal controls are effective in mitigating the risk of errors or fraud. All work performed by our office is conducted in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards. Our services include:
- Compliance Audits - The review of both financial and operating controls and transactions to determine the level of conformity with established laws, standards, regulations, and procedures.
- Operational Audits - The review of the varied functions within state agencies to appraise the efficiency and economy of operations and the effectiveness with which those functions achieve the stated objectives. Operational audits also include a review of established internal control activities.
- Consultation Engagements - Agency requested engagement focus on assisting management in resolving areas of concern.
- Investigating reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, abuse or mismanagement of state resources and recommending controls to prevent or detect such occurrences.
- Risk Assessment Activities – The coordination of activities used by agency management to identify, analyze, and manage the potential risks that could hinder or prevent the agency from achieving its objectives.