Arkansas State Vehicle Safety Program
ARKANSAS STATE VEHICLE SAFETY PROGRAM
The Arkansas State Vehicle Safety Program is sponsored by the Department of Finance and Administration, Office of Driver Services, and the Arkansas Insurance Department. This program is intended to insure that all state employees who drive on state business, in a state owned vehicle or are reimbursed for driving a private vehicle have valid drivers licenses and maintain a good driving record.
Authorization to use this program must be obtained from the Office of Driver Services. Each agency will be required to have a confidentiality agreement on file before access will be granted. Upon authorization, a user name and password will be issued by the Information Network of Arkansas.
Authorization to Operate State Vehicles and Private Vehicles on State Business:
A. All drivers must maintain a valid driver’s license in accordance with the requirements of all applicable Arkansas State Laws. State Agencies should contact the Department of Finance and Administration-Revenue Division-Office of Driver Services (DFA-ODS), to determine the specific license that is required for the operation of each motor vehicle type.
B. All drivers must complete and sign the VSP-1 Authorization to Operate State Vehicles and Private Vehicles on State Business. All drivers should be provided with a copy of the VSP-1 and the Driving Safety Tips.
C. State Agencies shall maintain copies of form VSP-1 for each of their authorized drivers.
1. All driver names and license numbers shall be entered into the SVS system by the authorized Agency VSP Contact Person for each agency participating in the Arkansas State Vehicle Safety Program. Access to driving records for resident drivers will be provided through the SVS System (State of Arkansas website) through Information Network of Arkansas at http://www.arkansas.gov/svs.
2. The original notarized VSP-4 Agreement and the VSP-3 Agency VSP Contact Person Information must be returned to the Office of Driver Services before a username and password will be issued to the Agency VSP Contact Person allowing access to driving records through the website. Agencies will be notified by email on a weekly basis of any change in status of a current driver and the status of new drivers. VSP-3 and VSP-4 must be re-filed upon any change of Agency Director or Agency VSP contact person.
3. Driving records cannot be obtained for non-resident drivers through the Office of Driver Services or Vehicle Safety Program.
This program is only intended for state employees who drive on state business, in a state owned vehicle or are reimbursed for driving a private vehicle.
All courts, law enforcement agencies, governmental agencies, and public transit systems that are entitled to free driving records under §27-50-909 for non-state employees, must complete the D980 Packet. In some instances, agencies may utilitize the Arkanasas State Vehicle Safety Program and D980 Program.
Vehicle Safety Program and the Free Driver Improvement Course Questions:
Risk Management Division-Arkansas Insurance Department
1 Commerce Way, Suite 504, Little Rock, AR, 72202
Phone: (501) 371-2690 Fax: (501) 371-2842
Driving Records Questions:
Department of Finance and Administration-Driving Records Section
1900 W. 7th St., Little Rock, AR, 72201
Phone: (501) 683-0984 Fax: (501) 682-2075
Login Information or SVS System Questions:
Information Network of Arkansas
425 W. Capitol Ave. Suite 1620, Little Rock, AR, 72201
Phone: (501) 324-8900
- Driver Services
- Online Services-Skip the Trip
- Office Locations
- DL Testing
- License, ID and Permits
- Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- DUI/DWI Information
- Driver Improvements
- Reinstatement Fee Payment Options
- Driving Records
- Top Ten Violations
- Safety Responsibility
- Legislative Changes for 2021
- Driver Services Forms
- Address Confidentiality Program