FreeFile Program for Individual Income Tax
The State of Arkansas is a member of the Free File Alliance.
The Free File Alliance is a group of software providers working with the State of Arkansas and the IRS to donate free tax preparation for taxpayers.
What this means to Taxpayers is that if you meet the qualifying criteria, you can prepare and efile your tax return for FREE.
eFile Online Providers
The following companies provide preparation and electronic filing services for both Arkansas and Federal individual income taxes. The services these companies offer allow taxpayers to prepare their tax returns with their personal computer, giving them the option of filing their returns electronically or printing paper tax returns for mailing. These companies have asked the Department of Finance and Administration to provide links to their websites, and we have done so as an accommodation to our taxpayers.
The State of Arkansas does not specifically endorse or recommend any of these sites. It is your choice as to whether to employ the service of any of these companies. If you have any specific questions concerning the prices or services offered, contact the appropriate company listed below. All website links open in new windows.
Important Information for Taxpayers using Online Web Providers to eFile for State Filing
If you choose to electronically file your State of Arkansas tax return by using one of the online web providers, you are required to complete the form AR8453-OL. Effective tax year 2011, the completed AR8453-OL along with the AR1000F or AR1000NR any W-2's or schedules are to be kept in your files. If claiming the credit for: Individuals with Developmental Disabilities Credit or Other State Tax Credit please click here.
Online Taxes at OLT.com
Online Taxes at OLT.com would like to offer free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if your Federal Adjusted Gross Income is between $14,000 and $69,000 regardless of age.
Activity Duty Military with adjusted gross income of $69,000 or less will also qualify.
The OLT Free File website must be accessed through the link above.
1040Now - Free, Easy and Accurate
Free federal and Arkansas tax preparation & e-file for all who live in Arkansas with an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $32,000 or less. This offer is limited to three (3) free tax returns per computer.
Our Free File URL: http://www.1040now.net/freefilear.htm
H&R Block Free File
To qualify you must meet the following:
- Your federal adjusted gross income for 2019 was $69,000 or less and you were between the ages of 17 and 51 as of December 31, 2019; or
- You are active duty military; or
- You are eligible for the federal earned income credit (also known as the earned income tax credit, or EITC).
TurboTax - IRS Free File Program
Intuit TurboTax is proud to sponsor IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax, donating free Federal and State tax returns and tax extensions nationwide for:
- Any taxpayer with Adjusted Gross Income of $36,000 or less
- Any Active Duty Military with Adjusted Gross Income of $69,000 or less (including Reservists and National Guard)
- Any taxpayer eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Accuracy & Simplicity: Download your W2 and transfer prior year TurboTax data
Qualified taxpayers can prepare and e-file their federal and state return online for FREE, including tax extensions, with America's #1 best-selling tax preparation product year after year.
Visit website at: https://freefile.intuit.com/
TaxAct Free File
File your state and federal taxes for free.
- Adjusted Gross Income of $59,000 or less, and
- Age 56 or younger, or
- Eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit, or
- Active Military with Adjusted Gross Income of $69,000 or less
FreeTaxUSA® Free File Edition
From simple to complex FreeTaxUSA can help you prepare, print, and e-file your federal and state tax return. FreeTaxUSA offers free federal and Arkansas online tax return preparation and e-file if:
- Your Federal Adjusted Gross Income is $36,000 or less, or
- You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or
- Active Duty Military with Federal Adjusted Gross Income of $69,000 or less
The FreeTaxUSA website must be accessed through the following link: https://www.freetaxusa.com/freefile/
- Arkansas eFile
- Composite Filing
- Arkansas eFile
- Fiduciary and Estate Income Tax Forms
- Franchise Tax
- Individual Income Tax
- Payment Vouchers
- Small Business Corporate (Sub-S)
- Withholding Tax Branch
- Helpful Information
- News Archive