Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding (CESF) Program
Purpose: Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration-Intergovernmental Services (DFA-IGS) is conducting a survey for the remainder of Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funds (CESF). Your participation in the survey will be greatly appreciated in determining any unmet needs. During the next few weeks, DFA-IGS will release a Request For Application (RFA) for CESF. Check the Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding grant program website for updates.
Survey Link : https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VRZ89JR
The Arkansas Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding (CESF) Program will provide funding to assist eligible state level and local units of government in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the coronavirus.
Guidelines from the CARES Act: Funds may only be used for the following:
- For necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19)
- For expenditures that were not accounted for in the budget most recently approved as of March 27, 2020 (the date of enactment of the CARES Act) for the State or government
- For expenditures incurred during the period that begins on March 1,2020 and ends on December 31, 2021
Please Note: Funds may not be used to fill shortfalls in government revenue to cover expenditures that would not otherwise qualify under the statute.
Permissible uses of Funds
Funds awarded under the CESF Program must be utilized to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus. Allowable projects and purchases include, but are not limited to, overtime, equipment (including law enforcement and medical personal protective equipment), hiring, supplies (such as gloves, masks, sanitizer), training, travel expenses (particularly related to the distribution of resources to the most impacted areas), and addressing the medical needs of inmates in state and local prisons, jails, and detention centers.
Click Here For More Details On Allowable Items For COVID-19
Click Here For More Details On Unallowable Items For COVID-19
Click Here For CESF Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Eligible entities are State agencies and local jurisdictions (municipalities/counties). Priority will be given to municipalities/counties that were identified as ineligible to apply directly to Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). Entities who are eligible to apply directly to DOJ/BJA are eligible to apply. All applying entities must have an active UEI.
Click Here For List Who Are Eligible To Apply Directly to DOJ/BJA
Request For Application (RFA) and Submission Information:
CESF/COVID-19 Program: OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
RFA Deadline: Monday, October 10, 2022
Total Award Amount Available: $2,761,853
Project Start Date: On or Before November 1, 2022
Project End Date: January 30, 2023
Expenditure Period: Not to Surpass January 30, 2023
The number of awards and amounts of subawards to be funded will be based on the availability of funding, justification of need, and the requested funding levels.
- Intergovernmental Services
- Grant Programs
- Request for Proposals
- Byrne State Crisis Intervention Program (SCIP)
- Children’s Advocacy Program
- Arkansas Developmental Disabilities Council
- Comprehensive Opioid Abuse Site-based Program (COAP)
- COSSAP20 Request For Application (RFA)
- Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding (CESF) Program
- Domestic Violence Shelter Fund
- Family Violence Prevention and Services Act (FVPSA)
- Justice Assistance Grant Program (JAG)
- Local Law Enforcement Block Grants (LLEBG)
- Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN) Program
- Pregnancy Resource Center Grant
- Residential Substance Abuse Treatment For State Prisoners (RSAT) Program
- Sexual Assault Services Program (SASP)
- State Drug Crime Enforcement and Prosecution Fund Grant
- Stop Violence Against Women Act (STOP)
- Victims of Crime Act (VOCA)
- State Clearinghouse Project Notification & Review System
- State Technology Cost Analysis
- Statewide Cost Allocation Plan and Indirect Costs (SWCAP)
- Records Retention Schedule
- COAP CATEGORY 4-Special Project - Notice of Availability of Funds