Direct Payments

In most cases, child support payments are to be made through the Arkansas Child Support Clearinghouse. This creates a clear record of how much was paid and when and is for the benefit of all parties. 

Noncustodial Parents
If you are ordered to pay child support through the Clearinghouse, then you should do that. If you pay the custodial party directly, you are violating the terms of the court order, and the courts may consider the money you pay to be a gift and may not be credited toward your child support obligation.

Custodial Parties
Payment processing cases
– In these cases, we only have the authority to receive, record, and disburse payments. If a payment is made directly to the custodial party, we have no authority to do anything about it.

Enforcement cases – When you apply or are referred by DHS for our services, you agree to report to us any payments that are paid directly to you. If you do not do that, then we have the right to close the enforcement case. If that happens, we will no longer take any action to enforce the court order. If you receive public assistance, you could also lose your Medicaid, SNAP, or TEA services.