Age Waiver Information
The Office of Driver Services may issue an age waiver to a minor who is fourteen (14) or fifteen (15) years old upon showing need in accordance with §27-16-804.
- Applicant must have a valid Arkansas driver’s license.
- Applicant must have a minimum of six (6) months driving experience beginning on the date the instruction permit was issued.
- Applicant cannot have any at fault accidents or traffic violations.
Only those applicants who can provide verifiable documentation of a true hardship, which would cause extreme privation and/or suffering, should apply.
Request Age Waiver Hearing:
You will need to request a hearing with Driver Control after all documents are gathered and age waiver application is completed.
To request a hearing, call (501) 682-3260 or contact your local Driver Control office.
The parent or guardian that signed for financial responsibility and the applicant for age waiver must appear for the hearing.
Revocation of Age Waiver
A moving traffic conviction, any violation of the provisions of the restricted age waiver, or any “at fault” accident will result in the revocation of the restricted age waiver and no other waiver will be considered.
At any time, Driver Control may review the issuance of an age waiver to determine the necessity of waiver.
- Graduated Licenses
- Online Services-Skip the Trip
- Office Locations
- DL Testing
- License, ID and Permits
- DUI/DWI Information
- Driver Improvements
- Reinstatement Fee Payment Options
- Driving Records
- Top Ten Violations
- Safety Responsibility
- Legislative Changes for 2019
- Driver Services Forms