Statutory Reference: § 5-65-103
Suspension periods for DWI/BWI Alcohol offenses are as follows:
- 1st offense = 6 months suspension.
- 2nd offense = 24-month suspension (if 2nd offense was within a 5-year time span).
- 3rd offense = 30-months suspension (if 3rd offense was within a 5-year time span).
- 4th offense = 4-year revocation (if 4th offense was within a 5-year time span)
Statutory Reference: § 5-65-205
DWI/BWI “Alcohol” related administrative convictions require the following state statute requirements be completed before the licensee may be reinstated:
- Individual must complete a state sanctioned Drug and Alcohol Education or treatment program. They must submit the “original” signed completion certificate to Driver Control.
- Individual must attend a Victim Impact Panel class and submit a completion certificate to Driver Control.
- Individual must have an ignition interlock device installed in their vehicle for a period equal to the driver’s license suspension time. They must submit a “Confirmation of Interlock Requirement” form to Driver Control.
- Individual must pay a $150 reinstatement fee. Payments may be made in person at any State Revenue Office, by mail or online at mydmv.arkansas.gov.
- Individual with a “Revoked” license status will be required to pass all phases of the Arkansas Driver’s License Exam.
- Driver Services
- Online Services-Skip the Trip
- Office Locations
- DL Testing
- License, ID and Permits
- DUI/DWI Information
- Driver Improvements
- Reinstatement Fee Payment Options
- Driving Records
- Top Ten Violations
- Safety Responsibility
- Legislative Changes for 2019
- Driver Services Forms